Question
Posted by: Bhaven | 2010/04/14

Scalp Peeling

Good Day Doc,

I would like to know what the problem could be or how to stop the skin from peeling from my scalp.

I went to a professional hair dresser a while ago (about 14 months) and she said that it is not dandruff.

My skin on my scalp peels like a baby''s does, but in huge pieces / flakes. I know it is aggrevated through stress.

But what could this be, if it is not dandruff, and what can I do to control this problem. Oh, it does not itch or burn or anything, it just seems to build up between 3 - 7 days.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hallo Bhaven
It is probably seborrhoeic dermatitis of the scalp - What works well is Niz shampoo together with Betnovate scalp application lotion. See a dermatologist and get a prescription to buy it via your medical aid as it is expensive.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/14

Hallo Bhaven

Reply to cyberdoc