Question
Posted by: Tango | 2009-03-29

Scalp irritation

Hi Dr Debbie

I have always suffered from a sensitive / itchy scalp. I remember my father even complaining of it - so I guess genetics may play a role.

The last year, in particular the last 4 - 6 months it has been at its worse. I can no longer colour my hair due to the sensitivity - coupled with hair loss on top. I am under a huge amount of stress due to my work as well - and I have seen a stress link.

My scalp irritation is in specific patches, it ithes, I scratch, it makes little scabs which I scratch off. Coupled with this is the hair loss from the top only and excessive flaking. I have switched to a coal tar shampoo and it does bring relief. Lately I have put 20 drops of Tea Tree oil in both my shampoo and conditior - which I think soothes it.

I am so worried I may go bald - my hair has always been my crowning glory - thick, lustrous and beautiful. I have also cut it recently very short as I hated seeing the loss in the bath!! I am on HRT and I am 55 yrs old.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

you must use vitamin b every day (start with higher dosages initially). You can add some rosemary drops as well - this will help with hair growth. Use salmon oil 3000mg daily as well to control inflammation.

Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za