Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2009-09-25

Scalp and hair concerns

Dear CyberDoc, I hope you can possibly advise me please?
I am a 23 year old female and about a month ago I started getting severe acne and pimples all over my scalp, some times so bad it creates crusts of several pimples close to each other. I also noticed my hair falling out more than usual. I colour my hair about every 6 weeks and recently noticed about 2 weeks after colouring my hair there are suddenly spots/parts of my hair where the die has disappeared. This is not happening at the roots but literally in the middle of a bunch of hair halfway down the strands. I know it was fully covered and the colour came out perfectly but now it seems to be creating spots. I am using Kez for the scalp problem (the colouring spots started before I began using the Kez), but after 3 weeks it hasn' t improved but hasn' t worsened either. I am worried that I might have a scalp condition or maybe these are all unrelated issues?

Thank you!

Charlie

I suggest that you consult a dermatologist as soon as possible. It is important to treat a possible scalp infection/dermatitis ASAP.