Question
Posted by: Stacey | 2012-09-27

Scalp

Everytime I wash my hair I come out in these painful red little bumps. If a squeeze them water and sometimes pus comes out. Itchy too. Come and go. I seem to have some kind of dandruff. When I use anti-dandruff shampoos it seems to make it worse. I have been on a lot of cortisone (asthma), have anemia (on Chelafer) and am extremely stressed. I cannot afford to go to a dermatologist right now. What shampoo can I use that will help it? Kez? I have had Betnovate scalp but it always comes back.

Stacey

It is possible that you have scalp infection and I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination and a possible course of oral antibiotics. Johnsons baby shampoo can be alternative to use as shampoo and Nizz shampoo (available from pharmacies) might be beneficial to use. Use the Nizz shampoo first, as directed and then the baby shampoo.