Posted by: Molly | 2010-08-06

saw palmetto

I''''ve heard that saw palmetto can enlarge a women''''s breasts. I''''ve done a bit of research on it and found that it is actually a natural, herbal supplement with very little side effects. And is intended for men with an enlarged protaste. I''''m a bit sceptical to use it as it is intended for men only. Can women use it as well?

Expert ImageNatural health

hi Molly

the action of saw palmetto is more on the prostrate and for male health.

Saw palmetto has antiandrogenic, antiproliferative, and anti-inflammatory properties that seem to be responsible for improving symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Saw palmetto also seems to have anti-estrogen, antispasmodic, and alpha-adrenergic inhibitory properties.

i am not sure your reason for you wanting to use the herb, but their might be a more appropriate herb to use.

Kind Regards
Dr Debbie