Question
Posted by: mARIO | 2008/06/10

SAVINGS VS LOANS

Good Afternoon

I wonder if you can give me advice.

It came to light that one of our employees with works with wages runs her own savings scheme at the office. The employees do not get any interest when they safe at this particular employee. But then she uses the money that people safe with her and give out loans to employees and charge interest. So this interest she puts in her own pocket.

Is this legal? And what action can we take against the employee? None of these savings and loans go through the company's payroll system and she do not have permission from management.

We are a manufacturing company and most of our employees are uneducated. The company spending alot of money educating the employees on how to budget and how to work with money, but still it looks like she is abusing and taking advantage of the innocent people.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

you should not allow employees to charge you interest or you to may loans inter say. This will lead to all sort of problems at the work place.