Question
Posted by: Salon Owner | 2009/03/18

Saturday PPH

Hi There,

I have a hair Salon, My hairdresser is booked for appointments on Saturday, now she notifies me that she will not be working, cuz its a PPH.
She works on a basic &  com structure, can I tell her that she must work?
When PPH falls during the week, she does not work on PPH, but I stronly fee Saturday is not on, its our busines day.

Pls advise, will I be inside the law if I refuse to give her off on Saturdays PPH?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: SATURDAY PPH

If you ask your workers to work on a public holiday then you have to pay them double. If there is no agreement that they have to work on public holidays they can refuse.