Question
Posted by: Manie | 2012-10-02

sasha

Hi there. You have recently referred me to Sasha and I notice that you do in general send quite a few referrals their way. I was wondering whether you perhaps know what their turnaround time on emails sent to them are. Furthermore, in your experience, are they biased and non-discriminate towards all kinds of sexual health issues, regardless of its nature?

The sexologists answering the questions for Health 24 are from SASHA (Southern African Sexual Health Association). The emails to SASHA are being dealt with on a daily basis. The professionals involved with SASHA are open minded and deal specifically with sexual concerns and are not biased. The members of SASHA aims to address all sexual concerns depending on the individuals unique needs and concerns.

6
Posted by: Petro | 2012-10-03

Stop beating about the bush you two and ask your questions. If SASHA doesnt answer and say what you would like to hear somebody will offer advice and you can take it or leave it - up to you to decide.

Reply to Petro
Posted by: Abu | 2012-10-03

I too have had a similar exp with SASSHA, wrote to them a couple of times was ignored never got a reply. All i wanted was a referral to someone with exp in `Psychotherapy. No return mail

Reply to Abu
Posted by: manie | 2012-10-03

Thanks Claire. I guess I''m just very eager to get some help with what I''m battling with. I have reached a point where I need to address the matter as soon as possible.

Reply to manie
Posted by: Claire | 2012-10-03

SASHA is a network of individual professionals (medical doctors, psychologists, sex educators, etc) nationwide who have specialist experience/training in sexual health. All professionals have to abide by their code of practice and, as such, should be non-discriminatory and assist to the best or their ability - or refer on. Unfortunately there is no longer a landline, only the email address which should have a turnaround of a day or so. Sometimes things slip beteen the gaps, which is regrettable, but we do try to pick them up where we can! All the experts replying to posts on this forum are SASHA members and so will bring any concerns posted here to SASHA''s attention. Please bear with us...

Claire - SASHA member

Reply to Claire
Posted by: manie | 2012-10-03

Dear Expert, further to my question posted above, is there not perhaps a telephone number Sasha can be reached on. Their website contains absolutely no contact details whatsoever.

Reply to manie
Posted by: sexologist | 2012-10-03

Reply to sexologist