Question
Posted by: ess | 2010/06/17

sarcoidosis

hi doc

i have sarcoidosis for more that 6 yrs and on predison and pump since. in that time i have put on 60kg and cant seem to loose the weight. my energy levels are low and i have ostreo-arthritis in my knee. i have also had my thyroid removed and on thyroxin.

i desperately want to loose weight. my age is 43 and my weight 120kg and 1.57m

any suggestions as i eat all the time and want all the wrong foods

Dear Ess
Because of your multiple medical conditions, I would also recommend that you should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that the dietitian can assess what you are eating and prescribe an individual slimming diet for you. The dietitian will also recommend if you should consider a gastric bypass or not because you have so much weight to lose.

1

Dear Ess