Question
Posted by: Sonja Metz | 2012/01/24

Sandoz Venlafaxine discontinued?

I have been told by my pharmacy that Sandoz Venlafaxine has been discontinued/is unavailable. I have an issue with paying the high price of either Venlaf or Effexor, and the other generic, Illovex, is totally ineffective. Please advise...

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Sonja

Other options include Odiven (available in 37,5 and 75 mg), Efegen XR (75 mg and 150 mg). According to the latest edition of MIMS Sandoz-Venlafaxine is still on the market - It may only be be temporary unavailable...

2
Posted by: sandy | 2012/04/30

I missed a day of taking Illovex sr 150. I felt as if I was having mini blackouts of the brain. Is this normal and what causes it?

Reply to sandy
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/01/25

Hi Sonja

Reply to pharmacist