Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-09-03

SALARY VS BLACKS

I started working for this company 2008 . I have been moved from 1 department to the other cos of my resiliency, efficiency &  hard working. My income is still the same since I started. My addition to the team is well recognized as I even got an award as the go-getter, etc. despite all my strengths and positive input my salary is still the same- I`m always the lowest paid in the dept. I`ve spoken to the Line Manager abt getting a raise based on the positive results, strengths, etc. - the answer is the company does not have money- yet ppl change cars, and u would never hear them complaining abt getting an increment. My concern is to be paid the same rate as the other staff as we r in the same department- though I do not hv qualifications but I do the same job a lot better than them.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: SALARY vs BLACKS

Unfortuantely in certain cases qualification do mean a higher salary so you can not demand a higher salary.

3

Ginger the expert is right NO QUALIFICATION or NO CERTIFICATE = no good pay! Even the dumbest person who has degrees and diplomas who just sits on their backsides behind their computer gets a better salary then someone who does not have any certificate or qualifications that''s doing a much better job that''s hard working and doing the same job as the person who does have a degree! Anon if I were you go study and get a certificate to prove your much more worthy than a slave!

Posted by: Ginger | 2010-09-06

Labour Lawyer. Your advise honestly sucks Admin can''t he / she be replaced? Anon are u saying that u haven''t gotten an increase since u have been appointed at the same co? Could u pls tellme what duties do u perform &  what r u currently earning?

Reply to Ginger
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010-09-06

RE: SALARY vs BLACKS

Reply to Labour Lawyer