Question
Posted by: Zuko | 2010/12/01

Salary increase

In October I was promised a salary raise to be effective in December. The HR lady confirmed that she got approval but there has been no further communication since as to even how much this is going to be or any revised letter. Payroll closes next week. I am planning for my leave and December holidays and I need to know if indeed I am getting it, is it unprofessional to drop her a mail and just find out if there is any progress?

Not my areas of expertise, but I'm sure other readers can comment usefully. I don't think it would be considered unprofessional for you to call her or drop her an e-mail asking for news, especially with the holidays coming up. She should have got back to you by now

4
Posted by: Casey | 2010/12/01

Don''t be afraid to ask about the increase in salary. Afterall, it was promised to you. Just tell the HR lady about the increase and when you can expect it.

Reply to Casey
Posted by: Purple | 2010/12/01

Either a quick phone call to her or a short and polite e-mail just saying that you are preparing your holiday budget, would it be at all possible for her to confirm what your increase will be, as per previous discussions held in that regard.

If she says no, then accept that you will just have to wait until you get your salary slip or letter.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Shaz | 2010/12/01

Hi Zuko
Will do no harm in asking. It was promised to you afterall.

Reply to Shaz