Posted by: Nicky | 2009-01-20

Salary expectation

well now my question is, I went for an interview last week.
I was asked what my expected salary is...gave a figure.
Im thinking there is a good chance of me getting the job but i confirmed with someone and they told me that the salary you asked for is what they will give you , nothing more.

What if i get the job and they offer me exactly what i asked?
I actually thought about what i asked for and it not much more than what im earning right now.
So if i get the job and ask for more would they possibly then rather employ someone else or would the company consider it?
But also just to confirm my question, do companies give you what you ask for or would they actually offer you more than what you asked for if they were prepared to offer a higher salary?

Posted by: Me | 2009-01-20

Same companies they give what you ask for and others give u more, depending on what are they willing to pay and if they are real interested in you.

So negotiate you will never know, but be realistic.

Reply to Me
Posted by: keri | 2009-01-20

Negotiate girl, negotiate! if they really want you then you can compromise on a salary that both parties are comfortable with. if you think that you are worth more then say so and state why you think so. Dont ever move jobs for the same money, always go a bit higher and most employers know this!
good luck, hope you get the job!

Reply to keri