Posted by: Melissa | 2009-03-31

I work for a small company and I' ve encountered problems with my salary. I' ve been paid short month, then more a few months later, we dont get payslips regularly, so you have no means of querying it because by the time you eventually get your payslips, your' ve forgotten all about it. Another thing is that we should be getting some sort of tax relief after the budget speech, but no such decreases have taken place. I have no clue who to approach about this, because the owners dont seem to care, in fact no-one else does but its starting to get to me, because if I stole from them I' d have an enquiry in a flash, but they get to steal from us and we have no-one to turn to.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You need to raise a grievance within the company immediately. We do not have any information with regard to Tax relief/

Posted by: Boetie | 2009-04-02

I' ts your right 2 get a payslip showing your gross salary + all your deductions i.e. tax, uif, pension + med aid contributions etc. Go + confront sen. management, demand it if U have to + if they don' t oblige then contact the dept. of labour - they will advise U what to do next. It' s time some of the bosses came to the party + do what they r supposed to do. They will get away with things 4 as long as what the staff allow them to. Good luck.

Reply to Boetie