Question
Posted by: CANDY | 2012/08/02

SAKKE ONDER OOG

Ek is 38 jaar oud en het donker kringe, sakkies en te veel plooie na my sin onder my oe- sal graag wil weet wat die koste verbonde sal wees deur middel van plastiese chirugie , alternatiewelik wil ek ook weet of botox vir die probleem sal help

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Candy, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would need to examine the eye area before deciding on the best treatment option/s.
Following your description, it seems that you have lost the fatty support in the tear trough area and/or across the complete lower margin of the eye. This allows the skin to drop against the bone producing a shadow effect and the darkness that you see giving one the impression of being constantly tired. The lower eyelid skin is the thinnest in the body and will be the first to show collagen and elastin loss typically seen as a ‘thinning’ skin with fine lines and wrinkles.
There are a number of treatment options but the choice is dependent on the severity of the pathology I have described above.
Surgical correction of excess skin will improve the appearance of the bag and the lines/wrinkles but not the dark shadow. In some patients, the excess lower eyelid skin may respond to a course of fractional laser skin resurfacing treatments.
Dermal fillers will provide the necessary support to the overlying skin allowing the skin to be lifted off the bony orbit margin thereby reducing the shadow effect and the darkness noted. Prices will vary between one surgeon and the next but a lower lid blepharoplasty will most probably start at R 15,000.00

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/08/14

Reply to anti-ageing expert