Question
Posted by: Kathryn | 2012/08/15

Sagging skin inside mouth!

For the last year I have found that I bight the inside of my cheeks. I also bite the skin inside my mouth that is near to my lips. It feels like all my skin inside my mouth is sagging and getting in the way of my mouth. Recently my upper lip has also started to sag and it doesn’ t allow me to fully smile without the top lip feeling like it''s been over stretched (pulling) and sagging into a funny shape against my two front teeth. I''m only 35 and can’ t understand why this is happening? Am I dehydrated or undernourished ... or lacking certain vitamins?

Kathryn

Dear Kathryn
I would advise you to consult your medical doctor as soon as possible so that he/she can examine you and do tests to determine why the muscles in your face are sagging and causing problems. Until we have a diagnosis, I cannot hazard a guess if you do have a vitamin deficiency or if this is a virus infection or some other medical condition which may not be related to diet.
Please see your doctor today if possible.

1

Dear Kathryn