Question
Posted by: Kathryn | 2012/08/15

Sagging skin inside mouth!

For the last year I have found that I bight the inside of my cheeks. I also bite the skin inside my mouth that is near to my lips. It feels like all my skin inside my mouth is sagging and getting in the way of my mouth. Recently my upper lip has also started to sag and it doesn’ t allow me to fully smile without the top lip feeling like it''s been over stretched (pulling) and sagging into a funny shape against my two front teeth. I''m only 35 and can’ t understand why this is happening? Am I dehydrated or undernourished ... or lacking certain vitamins?

Kathryn

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Kathryn, thank you for the question.

If you have not had any Botox treatments in the face (as this may be a cause to the symptoms you are experiencing) then your best option is to see a plastic surgeon or a maxillo-facial plastic surgeon. There may be a number of reasons for what you are experiencing but all of them will need further medical tests and examinations to determine the cause and the appropriate treatment.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/08/21

Hi Kathryn, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert