Question
Posted by: Miri | 2008/10/06

Sagging skin after wright loss

Hi, I am 1.54m tall, nearly 62 years old and stopped smoking 6 years ago. Over a period of a year I picked 7 kgs. Recently I have started going to Biokinetics as my doctor diagnosed spinal stenosis as well as peripheral neuropathy. I have lost 3 kgs (was 67kgs and am now 64kg) and have a serious problem with sagging skin on the upper arms, on my legs as well as my tummy. What can one do to firm up the skin? I am also on Elttoxin for my thyroid.
Please help!

Dear Miri
I am sorry to hear about your spinal problems. Your present BMI = 27, which is still in the overweight range. If you can reduce your weight further down to 57 kg your BMI would be within the normal range of 24 and it would also benefit your spine. Discuss the problem of your weight and sagging skin with the Biokineticist because he/she will have to determine which exercises you can do to tighten up the sagging muscles and to stimulate your metabolism to promote further weightloss. Targeted exercises are indicated to firm up muscles and skin that are slack, but don't do any exercises, such as situps (for the tummy) that are not approved by the Biokineticist first, because such exercises could make your back condition worse. There are also certain products that may help for sagging skin. You can contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes.