Posted by: Leila | 2010-11-25

Sagging skin

Hi dr., Please could you advise me on the best treatment for sagging, crepey abdominal skin. Thanks, Leila

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Leila, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay but I have been in London attending to my clinic.

There are a number of options to treat lax abdominal skin and the treatment approach is dependent on the severity of this laxity, age of skin, condition of the skin, and the degree or extent of underlying fat. Possible treatments include non surgical and surgical approaches:
Non Surgical: fractional skin resurfacing (Matrix RF, Fraxel, Ultrapulse, Starlux, etc.), body needling, chemical peels, and topicals.
Surgical: abdominoplasty (‘tummy tuck – full & mini), laser lipolysis, VASER.
Combinations of the above

Your best advice would be to consult an aesthetic medical practitioner, cosmetic dermatologist or a plastic surgeon who can examine the area and advise you on the best treatment option/s.