Question
Posted by: Jodi | 2009/02/19

Sagging jowls

Hi Dr,

Is it possible to have the jowl area and sagging skin around the jaw area lifted surgically without having to have a full face lift?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jodi, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer but I was in Johannesburg training doctors and only arrived in Cape Town last night.

It is possible to treat the jaw line and jowl area and this type of surgery is known as a LIMITED INCISION FACE LIFT. There are variants within this group and my advice is to discuss with your plastic surgeon the appropriate treatment choice for you.