Question
Posted by: CANDY | 2008/11/10

SAFETY PERIOD FOR SEX

WHEN IS IT THE SAFE PERIOD FOR SEXUAL INTERCOURSE TO AVOID PREGNANCY...... HOW LONG BEFORE AND AFTER UR MENSTRUATION PERIOD ???

You are referring to what is called the Rhythm method. It is one of the oldest methods of natural birth control. It is unfortunately not a very reliable contraceptive method, and also does not offer protection against the transmission of sexually transmitted infections.

Firstly it requires that a women have a very regular menstrual cycle, that she ovulates reliably on about the same day of her regular menstrual cycle. Secondly it works on the understanding that sperm survives in a woman for up to 3 days. So if a women ovulates 14 days before her first day of menstruation and add three days that sperm may survive inside the women you have the days post menstruation up to 17 days before her next first day of menstruation which is suppose to be the safe period.

3
Posted by: anonomys | 2008/11/13

I think you should just use condoms, or the pill. Just to be on the safe side.

Reply to anonomys
Posted by: T | 2008/11/10

That calculation failed me not once, not twice, but THRICE! So do be very careful.

Reply to T
Posted by: -V- | 2008/11/10

Well, just don' t go after day 12.

Reply to -V-