Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-04

Safety of medications during exercise

Dear expert. I am starting 4 Librax, 1 Angised anally and 10mg of Trepiline daily for chronic proctalgia fugax. However I was on the verge of starting to train for marathon events when all my plans were squashed by the arrival of this pathetic illness. Currently I cant train due to the pain, (also had anal dilatation 5 weeks ago). Should the meds work for the pain, is it safe exercising on that level with these drugs in my system? Thanx in advance.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Librax and trepiline may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting with strenuous exercise. Some of your meds may also make you sweat less, causing you to be more likely to develop a severe condition caused by becoming overheated (heatstroke). Use caution in hot temperatures and during strenuous exercise.

I'd suggest starting slow, seeing how these meds affect you.