Posted by: Marquerite | 2009-11-30

Safety of Energy drinks furing Pregnancy esp Energade

Im 17 weeks pregnant and healthy. At my last check up at 16 weeks Baba was also well and kicking. One thing that gets me through the day is a glass or 2 of Energade. It helped with the nausea and now it just helps me to keep going during the hot summer days. Somebody said over the weekend that it is very dangerous to drink Energade/Poweraid during pregnancy and I can land up in hospital. When I asked them why they could not answer me? Is this a valid statement? Are there any dangers?

Energde is just sugar and electrolytes and there is no reason not to drink it unless you are diabetic.

Posted by: S | 2009-11-30

Hi. I would check the caffeine content I think. Too much cafferine is definitely not good for the baby.

Reply to S