Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/02/14

Safety at home

Hi Scotty thanks for the reply, the friends place is in a very secure complex with electrical fencing, so think there is no worries there, he also showed me how clean and clear his garage is, only bike and car in there and huge space for them if it gets too hot. The rotweiler have a very nice nature and she seems soft with him unless he over steps a boundary, our boy can get very possessive over his chewy. Should I walk oozy every day and how far he is only 4 months. Mommy is going to miss him so much. Ps will he be fine when we come back knowing he had a buddy everyday. We are babysitting in April the rotweiler.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Kasandra, lovely to hear back from you - i love committed owners like yourself, makes the job so much easier! I would suggest that no chewies available when the dogs are alone though! By the way, the golden rule is one dog, 3 chewies, 2 dogs, about 5 chewies. that helps to keep them occupied and less liklihood of problems. It is not advisable to walk too far as the pup is growing, i would say check with your local vet to see what he thinks. I know just what you mean - when i go away i hate leaving me dogs behind, that is why we caravan so much, i can take them with me! Good luck and keep up the socialization with the other dog as much as you can, take care, Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/02/15

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert