Question
Posted by: sonja | 2008/08/04

safest time to not get pregnant?

dear gynaedoc...
it feels abit weird to ask but this is something that me and my boyfriend have wondered about for long...when is the safest time to not fall pregnant if u ar esexually active? I' ve heard that it' s during or just after having your period since your body has released the little eggs...but I thought it better to ask an expert. I am on the pill and we are very safe...we' re just wondering.
Please could you reply with an answer?

If you are on the Pill, you do not ovulate and are thus safe throughout your cycle.

1
Posted by: x | 2008/08/05

Hi Sonja. Well i am no expert but generally if you have a 28 day cycle you ovulate on day 14 (counting from the first day of your period) and then you are the most fertile. Normally from day 11-16 it' s your fertile window. But it doesn' t always work that way as i tried skipping intimacy around that time and i still fell pregnant. The best is to stay safe and cautious if you do not want to fall pregnant. In the end it doesn' t matter how " safe"  you are if you are sexually active you stand the risk of falling pregnant no matter what. My mom fell pregnant having the loop in and my one friend fell pregnant after being sterilized. And my teacher in high school fell pregnant just after her husband was " fixed"  so as you can see there' s no 100% guarenteed precaution except of course a full hysterectomy. But then again these 3 incidents were miracles in many ways.

Reply to x