Question
Posted by: J | 2010/01/21

Safe use of tampons

Please can you give me some more information on the above. I’ ve been battling for years to use tampons, but I’ ve managed to start using them and have been using them for the last three months.

However I battle to change them often, as I don’ t have a very heavy flow and then is causes great discomfort. Is it safe to use one tampon and leave it in for a whole day and only taking it out again at night?

You should change more often. Use Ky jelly to make the insertion easier.

2
Posted by: Nini | 2010/01/22

you should not use a tampon for more than 8 hours, regardless of how light your flow is. This is for hygiene purposes, as well as to prevent smellinh - I know that' s pretty graphic, but as women we know that time of the month leaves little to be desired. I would recommend you change it every 6 hours, 8 at the longest!

Reply to Nini