Question
Posted by: Annie | 2008-12-12

Safe sex during ovulation period?

My boyfriend read that a woman ovulates 14 days after mensturation, and that 3 days before and after this time is considered a " danger zone" . Is this true? Am I more likely to fall pregnant during this time? And my other question is: Is it safe for my boyfriend to ejaculate inside of me during this " danger"  period? I am currently using Triphasil by the way.

Yes, you are most likely to fall pregnant around ovulation. However, you do not ovulate on the Pill and are therefore protected throughout the cycle.

Hanna, antibiotics interfere with the Pill, so you can fall pregnant unless you use extra precautions.

3
Posted by: Khathu | 2008-12-14

I am on triphasil have been for over 3 months and i have never been adviced properly by my nurse.
I started using it when my boyfriend and i thought, we ready but then immedietly there after he went overseas so i have never realy known how to actively used it. Should i be in my periods when im on the red pill and if i am not is it safe to have sex during that time?

Reply to Khathu
Posted by: HANNA | 2008-12-12

Just checking, is it possible to fall pregnant within a day or two after your period? I was on a antibiotice during my period and for a week after it and Im wondering if its possible to have fallen pregnant just after my period.

Please advise me. Im also on Triphasil

Reply to HANNA
Posted by: anon | 2008-12-12

Ovulation is 11-14 days in your cycle yes. That is the most dangerous time to fall pregnant if there is a ' dangerous'  time. You are on contraceptive so you are 99.9% safe...always a chance but just count your days.

Reply to anon