Posted by: Annie | 2008-12-12

Safe sex during ovualtion period?

My boyfriend read that a woman ovulates 14 days after mensturation, and that 3 days before and after this time is considered a " danger zone" . Is this true? Am I more likely to fall pregnant during this time? And my other question is: Is it safe for my boyfriend to cum inside of me during this " danger"  period? I am currently using Triphasil by the way.

The fact that you are using an oral contraceptive, and hopefully do so reliably, is likely to mean that it is okay to have unprotected sex anytime during the cycle from a conception point of view. He is correct, it is more likely during this time, but not all women ovulate reliably at that point - it may be earlier or later.