Question
Posted by: john | 2010-11-07

safe limits

It is nice to see a forum on eating disorders. Other doctors seem to have expertise mainly in the normal weight range. But eating disorders are all about being outside the normal range. So I believe it is folk here who will be more knowledgeable about weights off the normal range. But so far the postings seem weighted towards the weightier section and it seems not many questions from anorexics. And nice to see from an earlier posting that it is recognized that males are now making inroads into what was considered a female preserve.

I have been anorexic for many years. I am 5''7"  and maintain a weight of around 45 kg. With crash dieting I can bring it down to 40 kg. I have done it a few times before. I am again planning to come down to 40 kg this December. I have never faced any health problems at this weight. This time I am aiming lower. I hope to follow up the one month crash diet in December with a two month crash diet in May-July. I am aiming for 35 kg. I have heard that many models my height, of course female, have done this and remained at this weight for years apparently without any serious health risks. That brings me to my question, what is the lowest weight I can come down to without facing serious health problems.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello John,
I was initially tempted to remove your question from the forum, but feel that it deserves a response. I will not entertain your question with an expected response, as you need to know that you are already dangerously underweight and clearly in such an irrational space that you are oblivious of the dangers that you already face and the sever dangers you will incur as you continue to remain underweight or lose any further weight. I suggest that you seek immediate professional psychiatric and medical care for your anorexic condition. I invite you to email me on my personal email address if you would like some recommendations in your area. However, if you use this forum to “advertise” your intensions to lose weight, I will immediately remove your questions. Please respect that this forum is intended for people who seek to be healthy and want to restore their health to its full potential. Please consider your options very carefully, John.
Regards,
Graham

3
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010-11-16

Hello John,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert
Posted by: Me | 2010-11-15

At your current weight you will start experiencing health problems. You really need to see a professional person. I know this is a cry for help. Help yourself now.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Mandy | 2010-11-09

DUDE!go get some help!!!!35kgs? are you serious!!!12 year olds weigh that much!go get yourself a burger, what ypu doing to yourself is insane, and you probably DO NOT look attractive to anyone but yourself!go to a shrink or something.....sounds like you have more of a mental condition that a eating disorder!GET HELP!

Reply to Mandy