Question
Posted by: Nicci | 2011/01/24

Safe Cold Sore Medication for pregnant women

Hi, I need to drink L-Lysine tablets everyday to prevent cold sores. I take 1 x 500mg tablet every or every second day. What other alternatives can I use while pregnant that will be safe for my baby as I know that L-Lysine has not been tested and approved for use while pregnant??

There isn't anyhting you can use every day as a prventative measure, but you can take Acyclovir if necessary if you have an outbreak.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2011/01/24

I get periodic cold sores which I usually just use fenovir on when I feel the itching. Sometimes they don''t come up and sometimes they do.

I have had two cold sores while pregnant and did not use anything on them and found that they were no bigger and lasted no longer than when I use the fenovir.

I''m therefore no longer going to use medicine for cold sores as I don''t think it actually works.

Reply to Purple