Question
Posted by: Mama | 2009/11/10

Safe???

Hi Doc. I am due on the 04/01/2010 but my Doc says i have to do a C-section and then she will take the baby out on the 23/12/2009. I want to know as i have a cervical stitch put on is is safe to keep it until delivery day? What if i go on labour earlier than the 23rd? Wouldn' t the stitch do damage to my cervix?

There is always a risk of going into labour early, but it is not safe for the baby to deliver you before 38 weeks. The stitch could be taken out at 36 weeks, but can also be taken out if you did go into labour, as long as you got to the hospital as soon as pains started.

1