Posted by: Michelle | 2009/10/29 respect for others

After reading complaints of other' s, I feel that I now have te right to publicise my problem.
I come from a noisy neighbourhood and have always promised my son that I will find peace and quiet as soon I can afford to. I am now living in a reasonably safe and quiet area, most people' s dream, in a two bedroomed townhouse. I am very happy and and am not considering moving any time soon, however, after 3 month' s my neighbours started having friend' s over in thr bachelor apartment and this is where the problem started. A one bedroomed house hosting up to 15 people at a time, music at it' s loudest and verbal fighting, giving me sleepless nights. My son can' t study and have to stay over at friends because he cannot concentrate on his schoolwork. Being alone I am too afraid to complain and therefore have to put up with all this.
What can I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

This is absolutely unacceptable. You are also quite entitled to call the police if neighbours disturb the peace in this manner: you can ask them not to reveal your identity. I would also suggest you lodge a formal complaint with your local muncipality; this will almost certainly require repeat requests on your part. And finally, try to get some of your other neighbours on your side: a complaint, both to the authorities and to the offenders is more effective of coming from more than one homeowner.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.