Posted by: dw | 2013-01-14

On christmas eve my bf and I had a long chat and it was the first timein 9 months that I could talk to him and say what I wanted to say. In our relationship, he shouted me down and if I wanted to say something, he would tell me I am whining or make a remark about my speech or something to deter my thinking. Anyway the reason I could get it out was because in my head it was over and I think he was coming to that conclusion as well.

I told him then that I needed space and he agreed. On New Years eve, his mom died and I felt I had to call him and send him my condolences (I wouldnt have called him if that didnt happen). He then told me that he had a breakthrough with me and that we can work things out with his change of mind. I told him again I need time (I was hoping it would just fade and he would read between the lines that it was over). a week went by and then he called me and wanted to know if we still going to try. I didnt take his call, hoping he would get the message. Another week went by and he called me now on Saturday wanting to know whats going on. I then sent him an sms because I cant speak to him (he has a way of changing my mind) and told him that the love is gone and its too late for anything else. He responded saying that he had a breakthrough on xmas eve and was hoping that after everything we have been through and learnt, that we could work through things and heal together.

I was feeling so strong before this messge and now I have gone to pieces. I dont want to run back to him because I know things wont change. We are just not good for eachother and no matter what he says about his breakthrough, it is too late. Sorry just feeling miserable and vulnerable :(

Of course you may be right that he may be mistaken in considering that he has recognized the problems and that he has truly changed for the better, or maybe after his bereavement he's mainly feeling lonely and needing to be comforted,
but this may be possible -
Would it be worth considering suggesting that he join you in couples counselling, to work on these issues together and with proper expert help, and truly have a realistic chance of succeeding, for the benefit of both of you ?

Posted by: Anon2013 | 2013-01-15

Is it ok to have sexual partners before marraige?

Must you tell your partner of your previous sexual history?

Do you lie and what happens if the truth is reveal?

Thats my story : married virgin wife not / she confessed and said she had 2 partner 1st time forced and second time with a married man she apparently did not knew.

this all happen in my 13th year of marriage

can this lie be acceptable

Reply to Anon2013