Question
Posted by: Me | 2011/02/25

Sad

I am sitting here with so much pain in my heart, fighting tears in my eyes, i have to let go of someone i really care about, but for my own sanity i have to do this, i met and fell in love with him about 5 months ago (long distance), things were great in the beginning atleast for the first 3 months, things then changed, calls reduced from everday to once in 3 days, (understood that it is costly) so i suggested we communicate through smses atleast once a day, which was ok but even then the messages i sent either were not returned or were so cold, no more " i love you''s or miss you. and 3 days turned to over 5 days. My attempts to try and ask to understand what i happening have failed as i don''t get a response, have not been successful in calling him either, and decided to let go. am i paranoid?

I am sceptical whether a relationship begun and continued over a long distance, is realistic or long-lasting. Over such a distance, you know the guy you think he is and hope he is, rather than the man he actually is - and vice versa. There's something essentially artificial and fantasy about such a relationship.
It's realistic to let go and move on, and don't allow yourself to feel so awful - what you have lost is far more of a fantast of how you hoped things might eventually be, than something you ever actually had.
Stop contacting him. If he doesn't contact you, you never had a real relationship with him at all. IF he does, you can consider whether there is something here worth saving and developing

5

Posted by: Man | 2011/02/25

Thnaks its my pleasure. I agree he should have some decency to let you know. Its does hurt but i promise it may be for the better. I agree with been there dont ever conatct him .Take care and all the best.

Reply to Man
Posted by: Been there | 2011/02/25

Att ME - whatever you do do not contact him not even an sms to see how he is Dont do it, I''ve been there and you only feel like a fool after all this hurt has subsided. All the best hang in there Girl... His the fool...

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Me | 2011/02/25

Thank you Man, it would have been easier if he had the decency to let me know that he doesn''t love me anymore, even if it was via sms, but yeah i will get through this eventually, just that it hurts like hell at the moment.

Its good to know that this world still has men like you, it gives some women hope.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Man | 2011/02/25

Hey Sad - sorry to hear about your situation . I dont understand how some men can do this to their women. Me for one - i gave all my girlfriends red carpet treatment but inside got a kick up my-|-- used to call them everyday for hours. With time i am sure all will be fine and you will meet your night in shinning armour

Reply to Man