Question
Posted by: Tinky | 2010/09/15

SAD

Hi please help

I think I have symptoms of SAD
I am really afraid of social situtations I always get stuck on what to say to people I dont know very well
I am afraid to interact with my colleagues as a result I feel I am excluded from teh team at work. That hurts I dont know what to do. I have normal relationships out of work.I have a lovely family and boyfriend but I think mostly my problem is at work.What can I DO?

I don't use the term SAD, because it can mean Seasonal Affective Disorder ( a mood disorder that is affected by the change of seasons ) and also Social Anxiety Disorder, so it can be confusing. I gather iot's the latter you are concerned about. Sounds like you probably don't have SAD, but rather than you're a somewhat shy and sensitive normal person. If it causes problems, counselling of the CBT form is usually very helpful, and need not take very long to help you change your unhelpful automatic thoughts and behaviours in ways that would be more useful to you. The Anxiety/Depression support group ( number on this page ) should be able to help you find someone offering this sort of help. Indeed, attending one of their support groups may be sufficient to help you work through these problems

4
Posted by: anna | 2010/09/16

just like me

Reply to anna
Posted by: Tinky | 2010/09/15

Thank you so much will give them a call

Reply to Tinky
Posted by: Tinky | 2010/09/15

Thank you so much will give them a call

Reply to Tinky