Posted by: Gillian | 2010-08-30

Dear Doc, I hope you can advise. This is the second time that my sister has experienced " skuif van bekkengordel"  which causes her a lot of pain. The first time she went to the physio, the physio was sure that it would not happen. This is the second time that this condition has occurred within a question of 1-2 months. How is this caused and what preventary measures can one take? Is this common?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Gilian,

The diagnosis of "skuif van die bekkengordel" sounds most far- fetched if I may say so.What are her symptoms?

Posted by: Gillian | 2010-09-21

Dear Doc, she has severe lower back pain is as much as I can tell you. She has been to the physio about 5 times now and its still the same. Would you be able to advise to go and see someone else, say an orthopaedic doc? We live in Cape Town, would you perhaps know of a colleague or any other doctor she could perhaps consult?

Reply to Gillian