Question
Posted by: Bronwyn Petersen | 2010/03/08

Sacred heart soup diet

Good afternoon

I just want to know if the sacred heart soup diet is healhy for you or not. I have read that it is actualy a hoax. I cant see how having soup can be wrong for you but what about the claims that you lose weight drastically/

Bronwyn

Dear Bronwyn
I presume this Sacred Heart Soup is a soup made with low-energy vegetables and stock cubes? If so, it will have a very low energy content and by eating it you will reduce your total energy intake and thus lose weight. However, it is not a good idea to eat only this soup as the human body requires other nutrients and a more robust source of energy to keep going. Thus the Sacred Heart Soup is probably just another variation of the Cabbage Soup Diet that did the rounds last year and both these soup diets are actually starvation diets which cannot be used for long periods. Rather use a balanced weight-reduction diet and daily exercise to lose weight sensibly.

2
Posted by: Bronwyn | 2010/03/12

Thanks a million

Reply to Bronwyn

Dear Bronwyn