Question
Posted by: kareena | 2010/02/22

SA LAW REGARDING MARRIED COUPLES WORKING TOGETHER

HI IS THERE ANY SA LAW THAT STATES THAT HUSBAND AND WIFE SHOULD NOT WORK TOGETHER IN THE SAME ORGANISATION?
WE BOTH JOINED AT THE SAME TIME BUT HIS CONTRACT WAS SIGNED B4 MINE, NOW WHEN ITS TIME TO SIGN MINE EVERYBODY ELSE IS CRYING OUT NEPOTISM.
THIS ALLEGATION HAS STOPPED MY DEVELOPMENT IN THE ORGANISATION. DO I HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO FIGHT BACK?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: SA LAW REGARDING MARRIED COUPLES WORKING TOGETHER

There is no law stating that married couples cannot work together.

2
Posted by: kareena | 2010/02/26

hi its me again. they didint renew my contract instead they gave me som nonsense about cutting down on staff and how there is no money in d budget. but the irony is that last week they hired to new male trainees. life is unfair. nobody is truthful anymore.
they played it safe and mentioned nothing about nepotism.

Reply to kareena
Posted by: JR | 2010/02/22

Depends on what is in the company rules. I use to work work a company where they don''t allow husband and wife to work together, obvious reason, and beleive me we saw pleanty of exaples. This couple was only engaged when they started and was made well aware of the rules, and after their marraige they had to decide who had to leave, he eventually left.

Reply to JR