Question
Posted by: Eugene | 2011-07-04

RUQ pain

Hi doc

I''ve been having RUQ pain for about a month now. I''ve had this on and off for years and the GI doc did a gastroscopy and colonoscopy three years ago and only found H. Pylori. They also did a CT scan but found nothing.

When it returned a month ago I went to another GI specialist and he did a ultrasound of the abdomen, a gastroscopy and biopsy. He also tested my liver. He says everything is normal. Liver enzymes is a bit raised but that is due to fatty liver. No H Pylori infection, gallbladder is fine and stomach too. He couldn''t give me a diagnoses and gave me Pariet 20mg to try.

I have pain in my RUQ radiating to my back. Sometimes its painfull to sleep on my right side and I wake up to the pain too.

Could this be my gallbladder despite the ultrasound showing nothing?

I don''t know how long I should wait before contacting him again or what to do. Please advise if possible.

Eugene

Do not wait to consult the gastroenterologist. He/she will probably do a CT scan of the abdomen, as the next diagnostic tool.