Posted by: Marlon | 2011-10-24

Runny Tummy

Hi there,

I''m having a runny fluid tumme,started last night with stomach cramping and then off to the loo.This morning when i stood up i felt nausea and lightheaded with a runny tummy.What can this be and should i be at work or sat at home?

You have acute diarrhee that can be due to a viral infection, food poisoning and if it persists longer than seven days, a bacterial infection of the gastrointestinal tract. I suggest that you keep yourself well hydrated with isotonic sports drinks. Eat small meals, like oats and banana and rice. Get a lot of bedrest and I do suggest that you take a couple of days off from work. You can use Buscopan for severe cramping but I do not suggest that you stop the diarrhee with a product like Imodium, as the diarrhee is the meganism used by the body to get rid of the cause for your symptoms.

Posted by: Queen | 2011-11-07

cramps and runny tummy especially in the monings

Reply to Queen