Question
Posted by: Minenhle | 2011/02/22

Runny stomach

I have had a runny stomach from last night and I think it''s getting worse and worse. I can''t eat anything cos afterwards I have to go to the toilet. My lips are very dry, and when I go to the toilet I pass bright yello water or I don''t know what it is but it very watery and very bright yellow. What could be the cause and how can I stop this.

Minenhle

Hallo Mihenhle
It sounds to me as if you have a gastroenteritis infection and you are probably dehydrated. Get some Immodium from the pharmacy for the runny tummy, also take probiotic capsules three times per day. Make up a mixture of Half (1/2) teaspoon of Salt, Six (6) teaspoons of Sugar mixed into one Litre of clean boiled and cooled water. Drink this to put back the water and salt your body is losing through the diarrhoea. If it does not stop with this treatment after 24 hours, or you can't keep the fluid in, you need to see your doctor immediately.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Observer | 2011/02/22

Minenhle

You have posted also on the HIV Peer Forum. Use Immodium for the running stomach and for dry lips, try Zambuck.

Reply to Observer
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/22

Hallo Mihenhle
dr Bets