Question
Posted by: shafiek | 2011/12/01

runny nose

under normal conditions I don''t have a runny nose, but the minute i''m in a cycling race than my nose starts to run. everything is ok once the race is over.

Any suggestions!

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Shafiek

You need an ENT examination of the nose, to exclude any underlying problems. Certain patients have a runny nose during exercise. There are certain medications available to stop the runny nose, but there are often more than one factor that is causing the problem. Cold air may also make it worse. If the problem is on the basis of a vasomotor rhinitis, you may be prescribed some nasal sprays to control the problem.