Posted by: Amo | 2009-03-02

Running with a heavy back pack

I have been running 3 times a week since January and eating healthy food, but I don' t see any results. I normally see people running with heavy back packs, does it make any difference and what do they put in those bags?

Hi Amo

Sorry, I missed your question the first time around and only discovered it now.

I wouldn't do this. You'll hurt your back and it's a gimmick anyway. It's difficult to say what you should change, because I know nothing about what you've done. My advice is to train for fitness. Have you improved your fitness since January? If not, then you need to look at your training, because your'e doing something wrong! YOu should be getting fitter as a result of training and perhaps you're just not getting the balance right.

So my advice is to investigate this, and also the diet. If you don't eat well, you can train all you want, and you'll never see progress. So I think you need to cover the basics of exercise and diet and question whether you're getting them correct or not. And as I said, if you are getting fitter, then you're on the right track. If you aren't, then you need to change the training.