Question
Posted by: mac | 2009/10/07

Running thighs

Doc i have a problem i weigh 55kg, the problem is i have shaking thighs, i tried going to the gym thinking that my thighs will be back to normal (fit) but not and this is stressing me i cant even wear shorts now, what can you suggest i must use, i also get tired easy cant run for 10minutes without getting tired.

Hi Mac

You have to be patient, because what you're talking about is a very difficult problem to solve. Our genes determine where that fat is deposited, which is why some people battle with the stomach, others with arms or thighs, like you.

Regardless of the location, the key is a combination of proper exercise and careful diet. Proper exercise means avoiding the myth that you can spot reduce. That is, there is a perception that you can target specific areas for fat loss by doing very specific exercise. Unfortunately, this doesn't work. It certainly has a beneficial effect, as I’ll explain, but by itself is not the solution. So rather than becoming pre-occupied on one area, your aim should be to increase metabolic rate – that’s how you burn fat. You do through regular cardiovascular exercise, which includes cycling, aerobics, taebo, spinning, walking or jogging.

You should then combine this with some weight training. Weight training, which includes e

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/12

Hi Mac

Reply to fitnessdoc