Posted by: Pimber | 2009-08-17

Running in the morning

I have been told that morning running is unsafe as the blood pressure is higher in the morning. I like to run ~ 5 km in the morning, regardless of how cold it is. There is no other time in the day that I can do it. Are there any special precaustions I can take? I am a 48 year old man.

Dear Pimber
If you don't have high bloodpressure that is uncontrolled, you can run in the mornings

Posted by: Pimber | 2009-08-17

Thanks Annemarie!

Reply to Pimber
Posted by: annemarie | 2009-08-17

I am also a runner, and suggest you post your question on the runners world website. just google runners world south africa and you should get onto their site, where there are specialists who can answer. otherwise, try the Fitness Doc.

Reply to annemarie