Question
Posted by: voluptuous | 2008/09/23

running cause of sagging?

I really want to start running but am worried that it will cause my breasts to sag! I ensure I have good support but not sure if that is sufficient?
I know this is probably a slightly unusual question!
I dont enjoy other cardio as much as running, nor do I believe it is as effective. I' ve always wanted to run seriously and start with the 10km races and half marathons but this fear has always been a deterrent!

No, it won't, provided you use a decent, supportive bra. The sports bras are designed for this very purpose, so I wouldn't worry about it. Remember, you're not doing the sort of running that the elite athletes are doing, and if those sports bras are good enough for them, then they'll work for you.

To Lara, same thing applies - that doesn't happen in elite women, who run maybe 15 hours a week, and so it won't happen in someone running 5 hours a week!

Ross

1
Posted by: Lara | 2008/09/23

may i also ask another q on top of this one - I hear running can cause stress to the pelvic floor for women, I also hear lifting weights will do the same. Meaning less tone in special areas! How true is this?

Reply to Lara