Question
Posted by: yousuf | 2009-10-19

Running blisters

hi

ive just started running and dont know what to do about the blisters that i get as a result of it. ive tried wearing thick socks, even changed my running shoe 3 times but still get the same result. is there anything else that i can try?

Hi Yousuf

Thick socks don't always help, because the blister is caused by heat, not necessarily rubbing against the shoe. So it might be that your socks are the wrong material - you need special running socks that 'breathe' and allow heat out. So that's number one.

I'm not sure where you get your blisters - if they are in the front of the shoe, then it's usually the size of the shoe is wrong. It's too big, cause your foot to slide forward and hit the front. or it's too small (this is more likely) causing friction.

If your blister is on the inside of the arch, then it's the type of shoe that you may need to look at - your foot is probably too flat for the shoe you're wearing and you need a broader shoe.

I hope that helps a little. Hard to guess at without all the information.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009-10-27

Hi Yousuf

Reply to fitnessdoc