Question
Posted by: Bubu | 2011/02/03

running and pregnancy

Hi Doc,

if u suspect u concieved/pregnant, is it advisable to continue to run a full marathon or half marathon even though u not exacly sure? will that not harm de baby?

Thanking you in advance

Hi bubu

It depends when in the pregnancy you might be. The first trimester can be quite risky, because the body temperature can affect the baby, and so strenuous exercise is generally not advised. For this reason, I'd make sure before doing anything. That said, it might be nothing, but with this, you always want to be safe rather than sorry, so rather look into the pregnancy and KNOW instead of wondering. If you are pregnant, the last thing you'd want is to elevate your heart rate too much and body temperature to cause damage. Exercise is of course healthy, and I'd recommend it, but you have to be a bit cautious.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/17

Hi bubu

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: running | 2011/02/05

hey bubu

i strongly suggest you see your doctor, i very much doubt that running is advisable if you are pregnant it could cause tearing of some sort

walking i know is very good but not running and deffinately not a marathon not even half

Reply to running