Question

Running and losing weight

Once I retired I decided to to keep as busy as possible and fit by increasing my running days. I have also gone for longer distances but now find that I am losing too much weight. My body has always responded well to excercise but what should I do now? reduce my running.

Look at diet before you adjust your training. If you are losing weight, then it means your overall energy intake is well below what you are putting out. Therefore, you have to look at increasing the energy in part, the diet. If you reduce the running, you might have the same effect, but this doesn't seem the best solution given that you are probably enjoying the running. Increase the energy intake of the diet is a better solution, and it's necessary, because you have to give the body energy for exercise anyway.

So my advice is to look at what you eat, when you eat it and how much you're eating, because I suspect it's deficient in terms of the overall energy it's providing to you.

That would solve the problem pretty simply, and then you can keep running. As I said, the other option is to run less, but that's not ideal.