Question
Posted by: Zee | 2009-12-07

Running &  Hair Loss

I run bxn 3-4 times a week for about 40-50km/wk and do mild gym workout on the other days. i always had thick volumed hair until i started running regularly. Now its thinning and losing its volume. I sweat of course while running and steam afterwards. My diet is quite balanced and i use gel syrups and multivits.

Do you know what the problem is? Please help.

Zee

Hi Zee

There's no evidence or even theory to suggest that running (or any other exercise) would cause hair loss. Even a lack of energy in the form of diet would not explain this, and so I suspect that the link is co-incidental, that if you were not running, the same would have happened.

I may be missing something, but I don't know the link at all, and as far as I'm aware, it doesn't exist.

Nutrition might be a factor, that's something you might take up with a dietician.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009-12-11

Hi Zee

Reply to fitnessdoc